Book Silver Circle & Ice Cave Bus Tour Online!
Ice Cave Tour
Silver Circle & Ice Cave Tour in Iceland
STANDARD PRICE OF THE SEASON IS 45.900 ISK
Adults pay: 45.900 ISK
Children 0-17: 24.450 ISK
The minimum amount of passengers for this tour is 5 passengers.
Children under the age of 11 are welcome in the tour. We recommend for parents to dress their children accordingly (no equipment is at the ice cave for young children) and you should have a carry bag for toddlers with you to walk them through the tunnel.
Bus Pick up for Ice Cave And Lava Cave Tour in Iceland:
Pickup begins at 8:00. Be ready for pickup at 8:00.
Pickup time 8:00-8:30 every day.
8:30 AM every day. Pick up from accommodation and bus stops begins 30 minutes before departure. Return home around 17:00.
The langjökull ice cave and glacier Day Tour in Iceland:
The Silver Circle and Ice Cave tour is an exquisite day tour you can only get with us! The tour takes about 10-12 hours and a meal is included.
The tour starts in Reykjavík where you will be picked up at your hotel at approx. 8 o´clock. The bus is warm and has free WiFi and charging stations for your mobile phone. The guide will certainly be friendly and answer all of the questions you might have!
Next we head to Hvalfjörður, which is a beautiful fjord and the roads are kind of wavy but interesting. Then we drive through the summer cabin neighbourhood in Skorradalur and reach the legendary Borgarfjörður.
You will see the beautiful Deildartunguhver which is Europes highest outflowing hot spring. It is a natural beauty. Interesting fact: The water from Deildartunguhvers hot spring is also piped to the towns of Borganes and Akranes for heating!
Our next destination is the historical Reykholt. There we stop and the guide will tell you all about this intellectual center of Iceland which was for many years one of the most important schools of the country. The poet and politician Snorri Sturluson lived in Reykholt during the Middle Ages.
Here the remains of his farm and a bathroom with hot pot „Snorri´s Pot“ can be seen and and a tunnel between the bath and the house can still be visited.
Then we stop at the beautiful waterfalls, Hraunfossar/Barnafossar. Hraunfossar are often described as being „wide, yet gentle.” The waterfall is considered unusual because it is actually made of thousands of falls that flow out of solidified lava and run as tiny waterfalls and rapids into the Hvítá River.
The Barnafoss waterfall is at the same place, yet another Icelandic gem. The color of the water can be mesmerizing. The name Barnafoss translates as “child’s waterfall” and as legend would have it Barnafoss used to have a bridge. The bridge was built by a mother and also destroyed by her, because of her two children who all fell from the bridge to their deaths.
Now is time to head to Langjökull, the second largest glacier in Iceland. The name is actually translated as “The Long Glacier” and is 1355m high. The area is about 950 km2 and it rises between 1200 and 1300 above sea level.
You will be taken to the man made ice cave – and you get a rare opportunity to explore the glacier and see it from the inside! No worries, you will get protective clothes and shoes if you wish. There a trained guide will take you to an ice tunnel and show you the ice caves which are located high on the glacier. You will get this (probably) once in a lifetime experience and we hope you´ll enjoy it!
After this great experience you must be hungry. We will stop at Húsafell where you can relax and enjoy a nice snack or dinner at the restaurant. A buffet is included in the price and the menu is quite exciting:
- Íslensk kjötsúpa / Icelandic lamb soup
- Grænmetismauksúpa / Puréed vegetable soup
- Nýbakað brauð / Freshly baked bread
- Pestó og smjör / Pesto and butter
- Sætkartöflusalat – spínat og fetaostur / Sweet potato salad – spinach and feta cheese
- Rauðrófusalat – geitaostur, sýrður fennel, heslihnetur og dill majónes
- Beetroot salad – goat cheese, pickled fennel, hazelnuts and dill mayonnaise
- Kínóa – grillaður kúrbítur, bakað blómkál, graskersfræ og paprika /
- Quinoa – grilled zucchini, baked cauliflower, pumpkin seeds and red peppers
- Penne pasta – pistasíu-basil pestó og parmesan / Penne pasta – pistachio-basil pesto and parmesan Tómat og mozzarella salat / Tomato and mozzarella salad
- Kjúklingasalat – kjúklingur, rauðrófur, engifer dressing og nípuflögur /
- Chicken salad – chicken, beetroots, ginger dressing and parsnip chips
- Pizzur – pizzas
- Salatbar: Íssalat, salatblanda, tómatar, gúrka, rauðlaukur, paprika, ólífur, egg, kotasæla, melóna, appelsína, vínber, ananas, fetaostur, salatdressing
- Salad bar: Ice salad, mixed salad, tomatoes, cucumber, red onions, red peppers, olives, eggs, cottage cheese, melon, orange, grapes, pineapple, feta cheese, salad dressing
We take a look at the extraordinary church on the way back, and then head to Reykjavík again!
Ice Cave Tour information:
- Available: All year
- Duration: 12 hours
- Activities:Sightseeing and exploring the ice cave and glacier
- Difficulty: Easy
- Languages: English, Icelandic
- Highlights: Waterfalls, Hot springs, bathing
Ice Cave Tour Bus Pickup information:
- Starting time : 08:00hrs – 08:30hrs
- Reykjavik pickup
- English speaking guide
- SUPER-JEEP tour, with SUPER-Jeeps
- A meal
What to bring:
- Warm clothes in winter
- Good shoes
- A camera
Pick up places on Google map